SUP Taster / Introductory Lesson - Cornwall
1.5 hours (sessions held weekly)
(£32 per person)
Adult and Child Special Price £50
After a short shore briefing which includes use of SUP equipment and safety on the water, you will be in the water learning the basics of Stand Up Paddleboarding at one of our beginner friendly locations.
What you will learn on a SUP taster?
A lot of fun and laughing and one or two Stand Up Paddleboard skills
- how to control the board kneeling, paddling forwards, turning and stopping
- how to fall off safely and get back on to the board
- how to stand up and paddle forwards, turn and stop
What's included in a SUP Try it?
- Instruction in small groups (a ratio of 1 instructor to 6 students)
- High quality equipment:- board, paddle and leash
- Water confidence and an ability to swim 25m (SUP can help to develop water confidence, Contact Us to discuss if one of your party is unsure and we can discuss tailoring a session)
- A reasonable level of fitness, able to walk a mile comfortably
What to bring?
- Summer wetsuit (windproof if you feel the cold)
- Old trainers or neoprene boots. Barefoot is best when SUPing depending on the launch site.
- The Gannel Esturay, Newquay & Crantock
- River Fal, Truro & Falmouth
- Portmellon near Mevigissey in St Austell Bay
- Porthallow on the Lizard
- Camel Estuary, near Padstow
- The Roseland