Learn to Stand Up Paddleboard
in 4 weeks
Next programme available from March 2018
- Evenings - 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm
- Weekday various days - 10.30 - 12.30 pm
- Flexi - choose any 4 beginner /novice sessions from our programme
Malpas Village, Truro
Opportunities for regular paddling after the course through the SUP in a Bag Club.
Suitable for anyone wishing to learn how to SUP. No previous experience is required.
Join the millions of people worldwide enjoying the sport of Stand Up Paddleboarding. Based on the sheltered River Fal you will quickly be standing and enjoying the sights and sounds of this stunning Cornish waterway.
On the first session, after a short shore briefing covering safety and the basics of Stand Up Paddleboarding you will be on the water. Once everyone is up and smiling we will start to explore the River and learn as we travel. Within the first 2 hours you will start to feel in control of the board and be happy manoeuvring.
In a small group of 6 paddlers, by the end of the 4 sessions you will:-
- understand how to balance on and trim the board
- be able to paddle forwards effectively, understanding the components of good technique
- be able to turn using a variety of techniques including the step back turn
- have a good knowledge of the safety considerations of SUP
If you wish to continue paddling you can join the SUP in a Bag Club.
Contact us to book on for further information or if you are interested in different dates.
One off beginner and Group sessions are also available
2 additional weeks will be allowed in case of poor weather or paddlers not being able to make a week
All of the SUP equipment including a buoyancy aid is provided but NOT a wetsuit.
A summer full length or shortie with a windproof as a spare is great for an evening paddle
Water confidence is desirable. Contact Us wish to know more about the sessions.
People say some really nice things about SUP in a Bag have a look at some of our testimonials.